Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sick

Bah!
I'm crook.

In all honesty; I feel like the crap that some crap, crapped after eating too much crap!

It's nothing really - just a common flu I should imagine. Nothing that a tall glass of 'harden the f**k up' wont cure.

But I got to thinking that if I could just make a powerfull enough magnetic field
... Nah, nah I'm just messing with ya!

Although...

*********


I've decided to take a couple of days off work which was probably wise given that the new flu remedies we're forced to buy if we want some form of relief these days has some quite spectacular side effects! This combined with the facts that I can barely hear, I haven't slept properly, my head feels the size of a planet and I work with high voltage, convinced me to just rest up and get better.

...but I wanted to say something about the side effects I get from these new flu pills.



Firstly there's the bizzaro dreams and secondly there's the, "non drowsy" claim.



The dreams are AWESOME! but really fragmented.

Each one ends in a different type of cliffhanger, it wakes me up sweating with, what I can only imagine, is a startled look on my head - like the one you get when you run blindly across unknown terrain in complete darkness!
Four or five times a night...
..Gnarlyyyyyduuuuuude!

So that makes me tired.
It would also seem, that the 'non drowsy' bit kind of works when your trying to sleep...

About the 'non drowsy' bit.
In some ways it's true; you don't get drowsy in the least - you just get smashed the fuck out!

Yesterday I was trying to remotely log on to my company server so I could send a global email. But there seemed to be some issue with maximum numbers blah, blah, blah, bleh. So I decided to finish a blog I was in the middle of while the connection to the company server happened.

No shit - I got my blog document open.. The next thing I know is it's forty minutes later, my blog doc is several hundred blank pages longer and I drool copiously if I fall asleep face down.

To summarize, it seems that this stuff is 'non drowsy' but only when you want to sleep. And it is 'non drowsy' when your awake but may cause temporary Narcolepsy.

I liked the old flu capsules a lot more. Fall asleep during the day? Not bloody likely!

Man, you could really get some shit done when you had the flu in those days. Not a lot of what you got done was right admittedly but at least at night time you were so exhausted from your massive ephedrine day rush that you crashed out for the entire night!

Better that I think, than waking up four or five times a night looking like a strangled turkey.

I'm off for that tall glass... cya.


Currently listening to:











No comments:

Post a Comment