Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Alex had her braces fitted today.

Perhaps I'm showing my vintage by saying this but..
When I was at school getting braces was almost unheard of and those that did have them hated that fact and spent most of their day hiding behind one or other of their hands whilst blushing profusely.
The secondary school I attended was one of the largest in Auckland at the time but you could've counted the kids with braces using your toes.

When Alex was informed by the dentist that she would be sporting a mouthful of stainless steel for the next two years I thought she would be mortified - instead she seemed happily overcome with joy???

Turns out that braces have become the 'must have' fashion accessory for teenage girls and Alex was kind of tired of being the odd one out.

Dang - humans are strange critters.


Currently listening to:

The Beat - Industry

No comments:

Post a Comment