Wednesday, March 24, 2010

German people rock!

Far too often I've heard people say German folk have no sense of humor.

Well I beg to differ.

I work with a brilliant German engineer and yesterday he proffered me such an awesome piece of comedic genius that I felt it was my duty to share it with you.

He rides one of those massive Japanese motorcycles designed for long distance cruising - to work most days.
During the course of the day yesterday the back tyre went flat and he came to ask me if I could give him a hand to get it into the motorcycle shops repair van.

Dang! That is a heavy beast. Nearly 400 pounds!

Anyway later that day they came and dropped it off with the repaired tyre fitted and I didn't notice it was there until he fired it up to leave at the end of the day.

I shuffled over and said to him something lame like, "ah, I see they've managed to get the air back down the bottom again". He smirked and I continued, "what did they find in the tyre?".

I wondered if it was a nail, broken glass a screw perhaps?

He looked at me and with perfect timing and in his thick German accent said,

"holes".


No comments:

Post a Comment