Wednesday, April 7, 2010

..and dumb moments

Some-days I still manage to be amazed by my own idiocy.

I was at the mall last Saturday trying to get organized before the shops closed for Easter Sunday and Monday.

While I was wandering around I thought I recognized a woman I hadn't seen for many years.
I had spotted her from several yards behind and I called out her name and began trotting after her. It seemed she hadn't heard me so I called out to her even louder and sped up to catch her.
When I was only a couple of feet behind I called out her name again and raised my hand to wave.

She turned around and I realized that this was not the woman I knew!

Rats!

So all I had to do was stop and say, "oh sorry, I thought you were somebody else".
Right?

But no, not I.
Instead, I pretended she was not the focus of my attention and carried on trotting past her calling out the same name and waving like a fool!
I thought to make an escape into the next shop but before I got there another woman turned around and looked at me curiously.
Damn!
A quick calculation of the number of people in front of me meant that this could take some time to resolve...
Still waving like an idiot and running, I carried on past her doing my best to continue with my facade. I shot around the corner of the next annex and dived into a store.

The attendant looked up at me and said, "can I help you?".

"Yeah" I said - "How about you kill me now!!?".

How embarrassing! - What an idiot!



No comments:

Post a Comment