Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Alex

Entry for July 29, 2008

Daryl.W

22/07/08

My youngest daughter has been living with me for some time now. We share a fairly close relationship as you would expect with a 13 year old and her father. And given that I am the primary caregiver and have to buy and discuss feminine hygiene products and take her to do her own underwear shopping etc, we don’t have a lot of secrets.

However – today, something happened.

It started in the morning when her cell phone couldn’t be found. It was discovered missing at the last moment before leaving for the train station and due to the timing we couldn’t mount a very thorough search. Being that she had netball training in the afternoon we decided the best thing to do was for her to borrow a friend’s phone on the train journey home and she would message me to let me know when to pick her up. 4:30 rolled around and I still hadn’t heard from her and decided it might be best to head to the train station in case there were no friends on the train who could lend her a phone.

At 5:30 I was starting to wonder if we had failed to communicate and I decided to message her netball coach to see what time they finished training. I was still waiting for an answer at 5:45 when a message from Alex’s phone comes through explaining how the phone was in her school bag the whole time yay, yay and all that.

Sweet - a) She’s o.k.

b) She’s found her phone.

c) She’s 5 min’s away.

So we head our way off home and at the first set of lights I get a message from the netball coach.

“No trayn’n 2day, 2 wet, had a quick meeting & all finishd @ 3:30”

Hmmmmm.

So I figured – it takes approximately 20 min’s to get from school to the station where I pick her up.

So something went on for two hours.

I decided that I wouldn’t ask any questions or tell her I had spoken to the coach, if she didn’t want to be up front with me she must have a good reason and I wasn’t about to cause her any embarrassment.

I think its boys – I hope its boys.

The curiosity is killing me.


No comments:

Post a Comment