Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Its hot!

It's hot!
O.k so it’s officially hot in Auckland.
I’m not going to complain mind you; I mean really, I’ve been waiting all winter for this! Thirty degrees centigrade is a lovely temperature for the beach it’s just a bit of a prick when you’re stuck inside at work and you don’t have air conditioning.
Everybody around me seems to be somewhat lethargic and at the same time a little scratchy. Funny that my nose seems to become fifty per cent more acute at this temperature which is quite unfortunate given that everybody is perspiring one hundred percent more!
You’ve got to laugh though; as I’m writing this it is twenty five degrees, it’s 9.00AM and we have just had the second deluge for the day – Auckland! Three types of weather here, raining, just rained or about to rain!

What really bites about working in this heat is that health and safety regulations dictate that footwear other than jandals need to be worn in our workplace and I lose a large percentage of my heat through my feet. So I’m sitting here barefooted at my computer pretending to be working so I can cool down to the point of not falling asleep at my desk and face planting the display. And all the while a little voice in my head keeps saying “pull a sick day – you need beer – beer will make everything o.k – real men don’t work in this heat, they drink cold beer by the pool – beer – beer – beer – beer”....

Ah well, better just man up, roll a smoke and get my black ass back to work, although you know, a person could end up real sick with the humidity this high and all...

Daryl W.
22/01/08

No comments:

Post a Comment