Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Revenge

Entry for April 08, 2008 Revenge

Revenge is a dish best - ordered!

Have you noticed that most queues move slowest when it’s your lunch break?

It’s probably just that you’re somewhat more conscious of the time but it’s frustrating nonetheless.

Today I found myself in a queue at the McDonalds in the local mall. It wasn’t as long as it sometimes can be, but it was moving about as fast as the queue on vasectomy day at the local doctor’s surgery.

I know it sounds impatient of me, but I have obviously been laboring under the delusion that fast food - was fast! So waiting in a queue for five minutes during your lunch break is much like pulling teeth with a pair of very powerful yet small tweezers.

I waited another two minutes so I could say to myself I had given them a fair try and then I spat the proverbial dummy.

I was just frumping away when a young lady armed with a P.E.T finished with the pair a ways from me and shuffled toward me and asked if I would like to place my order.

Given my level of dissatisfaction at this point the opportunity she offered me was irresistible…

“Ahhhh, yes” I responded.

With that, I proceeded to order most of the items for sale that would require making, entirely to order and also require the most expensive condiments. I figured approximately $70 – $80 worth.

She handed me a little slip of yellow paper and blithely wandered off to the next unfortunate.

I took this as my cue to slip away un-noticed - and proceeded immediately to the nearest Burger King.

Ah… how satisfying.

Filet o fish be damned.

Daryl W.

08/04/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment