Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Of cavities and super glue pt2

Entry for July 08, 2008

So, to the events following my last post -:

Well eventually the fantastic cyanoacrylate filler I had managed to administer to the cavity in my wisdom tooth fell out. Having had such an enormous degree of success with the first application it only seemed sensible to proceed immediately with a repeat effort. And although I did finally triumph over the various obstacles this procedure offers it wasn’t without its mishaps - the least of which found my fingers thoroughly adhered to my goatee and a reasonable sized blob of acrylic stuck firmly to the hair and skin on the inside of my left nostril.

Nonetheless I was once again free from the agony that wisdom teeth can bring, or so it seemed...

As it turned out the gum directly around and below the tooth had become infected and despite pouring ever more glue into my mouth a small but certain level of pain persisted and continued to increase over the following days.

Having had some degree of success in the past with a Janola gargle I decided the time for a new attempt was indeed ripe.

Let it now be said – do not try this at home kids! Janola is truly the household cleaner that keeps on giving. Over the following hours my attempts to rinse the ghastly stuff from my mouth seemed only to regenerate its flavor! And so, with gums steaming, eyes streaming and the inside of my cheeks closely resembling the bottom of a budgie cage I staggered to my car and blundered recklessly to the chemist and bought myself a bottle of Iodine solution – the effects of which, when diluted correctly were far more optimal than the nasty old Janola rinse, although truth be told the initial reaction between the two was quite spectacular!

Four days later and I had managed to get hold of the infection to such a degree that I could now open my maw wide enough to shovel teaspoonfuls of food in and with the food came the eventual return of my sense of humor.

It was probably two days later when the letter from my daughter’s dentist turned up in the mail to remind me that her yearly checkup was due.

I took it as a sign and made the decision to make an appointment for myself at the same time as making one for her.

The infection has cleared up completely now so next week when I hear those dreaded words “open wide now” it won’t be necessary to strike the poor man in the scrotum.

No comments:

Post a Comment