Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Of daydreams...

Day dreaming

I’m passionate about daydreaming. I’ve always encouraged my children to day dream. Yes at times it can be a hindrance – especially when you’re running late for that 8:00AM with the GM and the other directors but really, if I had of been better organized or figured daydream time into the plan it wouldn’t be a problem now, would it?

I could... no wait; I do spend several hours a day just dreaming about “stuff”. It’s like a special form of therapy. You know the feeling, when you start staring at something and your eyes just slip out of focus. You’re kind of there but not there, unaware of anyone but completely conscious of where everybody is. It’s warm and fuzzy in there, I like it. It really is a wonderful form of relaxation.

Watching my daughter in the morning as she nibbles on her toast and stares out the window at nothing, I’m often tempted to ask her what she’s dreaming about. I never do – it seems rude to intrude on something so obviously personal and enjoyable. And anyway I know how annoying it can be whenever I’m dragged back to the surface and forced to face some intolerable question, “so Daryl, what are your thoughts on the new design?” Such a ghastly way to resurface.

If I sat down and tried to work out how much of my life I had day dreamed away I am certain the results would be staggering but why on earth would I do that when I ...

Do dee do, do dee do...

Daryl W.

No comments:

Post a Comment