Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Of boredom...

Entry for September 17, 2008

20/08/08

Daryl.W

I find myself in a very strange place at the moment.

It seems like nothing exciting is happening around me.

The kids are settled and doing well.

My parents are in good health and neither I nor any of my friends is in trouble with the law.

It’s a little bit boring.

I know it’s wrong but I could quite happily do with something dramatic to happen.

You know, like a building fire or a multi car pile up.

In a strange way it would almost be a relief if an airplane fell out of the sky, crashed through the workshop roof and blew my workplace to bits!

At least something would have happened!

I suppose the seven weeks of rain we’ve had doesn’t help.

I’ve had nothing better to do on the weekends but drink myself into a stupor and stare stupidly out the window wondering when the rain will stop and what I should drink next.

It’s an awful cycle really – I look outside and think; raining again, nothing for it but to get monked and then of course once I’m inebriated I start to hope it keeps raining so I have an excuse for getting completely wrecked. Once wrecked, I fall asleep and when I wake up the next day it’s raining again...

About the only small degree of excitement I’ve experienced in the last few weeks has been at the hands of my youngest daughter who I’m in the process of teaching to drive.

However unlike the hair raising and frankly dangerous episodes I was subjected to during her older brothers driving lessons, hers are much calmer and subdued efforts.

Perhaps this weekend will prove to be more interesting when I get her out amongst the other traffic. Hopefully we don’t end up at the bottom of the ‘multi car pile up’ I am so keen to witness.


No comments:

Post a Comment